2 tablespoon olive oil, divided (1 tablespoon & 1 tablespoon)
1/4 cup tomato paste
1/4 cup flour, whole wheat
2 teaspoon cumin
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon chili powder
3 cup vegetable broth, low sodium, divided
6 ounces spinach
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed (15.5 oz)
1 cup corn, fresh, frozen or canned, drained and rinsed
1/3 cup green onion
1/3 cup cilantro, chopped
1 pack Get Fresh! taco seasoning
1 1/2 cup mexican cheese blend, reduced fat (1 cup & 1/2 cup)
10 tortillas, whole wheat
PREHEAT oven to 375°F.
1. For the sauce, HEAT 1 tablespoon olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat. ADD tomato paste, flour, cumin, garlic powder, onion powder, chili powder and 1/2 c broth. WHISK together and COOK 1 minute.
2. Slowly WHISK in remaining broth, and bring to a BOIL.
3. REDUCE to a SIMMER, and COOK until thickened, about 6 minutes. SET aside.
5. In a skillet, SAUTÉ spinach in 1 tablespoon olive oil on medium high until wilted.
6. ADD beans, corn, green onion, cilantro, taco seasoning and 1 cup cheese to the spinach.
7. PLACE 1/3 cup of the mixture in a tortillas. ROLL up tightly. POUR a small amount of the sauce in a 9x13 dish. Then, PLACE enchiladas seam side down in the dish, TOPPING with remaining sauce and remaining cheese.
8. BAKE for 20 minutes or until bubbly
270 calories, 7 g fat, 10 mg cholesterol, 420 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 8 g fiber, 12 g protein