6 corn tortillas, quartered, warmed
1 cup black beans, drained and rinsed
1 cup onion, diced
1/4 cup hot sauce, optional
3/4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded, reduced fat
3/4 cup fresh salsa
1 avocado, cubed, optional
1. PREHEAT oven to 375°F. SPRAY a 12-cup muffin tin with nonstick spray and SET aside.
2. PLACE 2 corn tortilla triangles in each muffin tin. Triangle points should overlap and point towards the middle, forming a “cup.”
3. PLACE 1 tablespoon of beans, 1 tablespoon onion and 1 teaspoon hot sauce in each taco cup.
4. CRACK 1 egg into each tortilla cup.
5. BAKE for 20 minutes or until egg is cooked to 160°F.
6. REMOVE from oven, TOP each cup with 1 tablespoon of cheese and PLACE back in the oven to melt cheese.
7. REMOVE from the oven and TOP with salsa and avocado, if desired.
140 calories, 6 g fat, 170 mg cholesterol, 200 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrates, 2 g fiber, 9 g protein